NEAC Secretariat Overview
The NEAC Secretariat is an organization established to assist in the operation of NEAC and help Council members perform their tasks more effectively.
(Clause 5, Article 3 of the Constitution describes the regulations on NEAC operations.)
The NEAC Secretariat is operated with 5 teams (Planning and Management Team, Macroeconomic Team, Welfare Economics Team, Innovative Economy Team, International Economy Team) composed of central government civil workers and experts from private organizations and research institutes.
- Assists in holding the General Meetings and Sectoral Meetings.
- Supports individual members to prepare report-based policy advice to the President of Korea.
- Collects opinions from experts, as well as the public.
- Establishes a global network with overseas research institutes.
- Outsource policy research, assist in making arrangements for on-site visits.