The NEAC Secretariat is the administrative unit established to support the efficient operation of NEAC and the affairs of the Executive Secretary.
(Article 3(5) of the Regulations on the Operation of NEAC)
The NEAC Secretariat has five teams: Planning & Administration Team, Macro Economy Team, Livelihood Economy Team, Innovative Economy Team, and International Economy Team. The Secretariat is staffed by secondment from central government agencies, private organizations, and research institutes.
The NEAC Secretariat performs the following functions:
- Convening and assisting the Plenary Council and sub council meetings;
- Providing administrative support for written advice by individual members;
- Collecting opinions from experts as well as the public;
- Establishing a global network with overseas entities, including research institutes;
- Providing administrative support for commissioned policy research and on-site visits.